Once the final week of the NFL season has been played, we can all begin to look forward to the playoffs. Before a postseason game is played, though, we will see some headlines of the negative variety make the news. We are talking specifically about Black Monday, which is when teams decide that it is time to part ways with their current head coach.
There are a number of hot seats across the NFL, but it’s anyone’s guess which of them will be vacated when the regular season comes to an end. Has the ownership seen enough to make a change, or did they see something that makes them believe that their head coach deserves one more shot?
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are on their 5th head coach in 11 years, so there is no guarantee that Bruce Arians will be back next season. There is also a belief that Dan Quinn’s time is up with the Atlanta Falcons, although his team is finishing the season on a good run of form. The Buccaneers are in as a 1-point favorite at home, with the point total for this one set at 47 ½.
Falcons vs Buccaneers 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Preview & Pick
- When: Sunday, December 29 at 1 PM EST
- Where: Raymond James Stadium, Tampa
- TV: FOX
- Radio: Atlanta / Tampa Bay
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 17 Odds: Buccaneers -1
- Partly Cloudy: 27°C/80°F
- Humidity: 82%
- Precipitation: 20%
- Wind: 10 mph SSE
- Cloud Cover: 55%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why bet on the Atlanta Falcons?
A lot more was expected from this Atlanta Falcons team this season, especially coming on with one of the best offenses in the league. Instead, they are sitting at 6-9 and well off the pace being set by the teams that will be representing the NFC in the postseason.
If there is a silver lining to be found in this poor season, it’s that the Falcons have not simply rolled over and played dead and are coming into the final game of the regular season on a 3-game winning streak.
You have to wonder if another win here will be enough to save Dan Quinn’s job or whether the decision has already been made. Atlanta is 5-2 SU in their last 7 games overall, as well as being 5-1 SU in their last 6 meetings with Tampa. On the road, Atlanta is 5-11 ATS in their last 16.
- Average Score For: 23.53
- Total Yards: 380.26
- Pass Yards: 295.33
- Rush Yards: 84.93
- Average Score Against: 25.13
- Total Yards: 357.60
- Pass Yards: 248.33
- Rush Yards: 109.27
Why bet on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers?
While it would certainly not be considered a huge achievement, the Buccaneers can finish the season with a .500 record with a won over the Falcons on Sunday. Like the Falcons, Tampa has finished the season strong, seeing a 4-game win streak brought to an end last weekend with a 23-20 loss to the Houston Texans.
As you saw from out write-up on the Falcons, Tampa has had very little success against Atlanta in recent meetings. Playing at home has not been much of a help for the Buccaneers either, as they are just 2-5 SU in their own building this season. It’s not all doom and gloom for the Buccaneers, though, as they have been a solid pick in December, going 8-1-3 ATS in their last 12 played during that month.
- Average Score For: 29.07
- Total Yards: 402.46
- Pass Yards: 310.13
- Rush Yards: 92.33
- Average Score Against: 28.07
- Total Yards: 342
- Pass Yards: 269.07
- Rush Yards: 72.93
NFL Week 17 Betting Trends for Atlanta Falcons vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Falcons are 6-2 ATS in the last 8 games
- Falcons are 5-2 SU in the last 7 games
- The total went UNDER in 6 of Atlanta’s last 9 games
- Buccaneers are 2-5 ATS in the last 7 games against an opponent in the NFC conference
- Buccaneers are 4-1 SU in the last 5 games
- The total went OVER in 11 of Tampa Bay’s last 13 games
Falcons vs Buccaneers Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
Both teams are finishing the season on a decent run of form, making this one tough to call. While home field has not been an advantage for Tampa this season, I still think they get the job done here in a close one.
Atlanta Falcons 24 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 27
More NFL Week 17 Betting News
- 2019 NFL Week 17 Over/Under Betting Picks
- Raiders vs Broncos 2019 NFL Week 17 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- Titans vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 17 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Dolphins vs Patriots 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Cardinals vs Rams 2019 NFL Week 17 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- Chargers vs Chiefs 2019 NFL Week 17 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- Bears vs Vikings 2019 NFL Week 17 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Colts vs Jaguars 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Preview & Pick
- NFL Week 17 Christmas MEGAPOD (Ep. 768)
- Steelers vs Ravens 2019 NFL Week 17 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- Jets vs Bills 2019 NFL Week 17 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Falcons vs Buccaneers 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Eagles vs Giants 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Analysis & Prediction