Can top-ranked New York FC get the revenge they’ll be looking for when they host Atlanta United in a matchup of the top two teams in Major League Soccer on Wednesday? In the English Premier League, a pair of Saturday matches both have the look of near-lock affairs. Now, let’s find out who’s in action and which teams are offering the best soccer betting value.
Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – September 23rd Edition
New York FC (16-10-5) vs. Atlanta United FC (17-3-11)
- When: Wednesday September 25, 2019 at 7:00 PM ET
- Where: Yankee Stadium, Bronx, NY
The top two teams in Major League Soccer will square off on Wednesday in an intriguing showdown just waiting to happen. New York sits in first place with just five losses in 31 matches heading into their mid-week pairing against Atlanta. They had won seven straight matches until their 1-1 draw against Dallas the last time out. New York has scored a stellar 57 goals while allowing 38. Atlanta is in second place in the MLS standings following their 3-1 win over San Jose the last time out. Atlanta has scored 53 goals this season while allowing 37.
New York has lost three straight against Atlanta dating back to last season while going 0-2-3 over the last five meetings. Still, I like New York to get the statement-making win over Atlanta in this one as they get ready for the quickly approaching postseason. I like a bit of desperation, combined with the fact that they’re playing at home in the Big Apple, will be the driving forces that propel New York to the hard-fought, one-goal win!
Soccer Betting Pick: New York 2 Atlanta 1
Sheffield United (2-2-2) vs. Liverpool (6-0-0)
- When: Saturday, September 28, 2019 at 7:30 AM ET
- Where: Bramall Lane Stadium, Sheffield, England
Sheffield United and Liverpool have not met since 2007, but this season, there’s no comparison between the two English Premier League clubs. Sheffield sits in 10th place in the EPL standings with a pair of wins, two draws and two losses. They have scored seven goals while allowing six to sit at a modest +1.
Liverpool has yet to be beaten in a half-dozen EPL matches. The top-ranked team in the EPL has put a stupendous 17 goals in the back of the net while allowing just five goals. Liverpool sits in second place to Manchester City (+18) in goal scoring differential.
Soccer betting enthusiasts everywhere have a super easy pick on their hands in this match with Liverpool being far and away, the better team at both ends of the pitch. I this one is well in hand for Liverpool by halftime, I’ll be completely stunned.
Soccer Betting Pick: Liverpool 3 Sheffield United 0
Everton (2-1-3) vs. Manchester City (4-1-1)
- When: Saturday, September 28, 2019 at 12:30 PM ET
- Where: Goodison park Stadium, Liverpool, England
Everton has gotten out of the gate quite slowly by suffering a trio of losses in their first six matches. Everton sits in 14th place in the EPL standings with four goals scored and nine allowed (-4). Manchester City sits in second place in the EPL standings with four wins, one draw and one loss in six matches. The even better news is that Manchester City leads the English Premier League in goal scoring differential (+18) because they’ve put a mind-boggling 24 goals in the net while allowing just six at the other end of the pitch.
Backing Manchester City is going to cost you, but it will be money well spent because Man City is an absolute lock to get the relatively easy win in this affair. Manchester City has won three straight dating back to last season by the aggregate score of 8-2 and I’m fully expecting another dominating win this time around.
Soccer Betting Pick: Manchester City 3 Everton 1
More Soccer Betting News
- Top Serie A Matches Betting Analysis & Odds for Matchday 5 and 6
- Top LaLiga Matches To Watch & Bet On Matchday 6 and 7
- Odds & Betting Preview for the Top Ligue 1 Round 7 & 8 Matches
- Top 2021-22 Premier League Matches to Bet On Matchweek 5
- Top Bundesliga Matchday 5 Games to Wager On
- Top LaLiga Matches To Watch & Bet On Matchday 5
- Odds & Betting Preview for the Top Ligue 1 Round 6 Matches
- Top 2021 MLS Matches to Bet On: Houston Dynamo vs FC Dallas Rivalry Game
- UEFA Champions League: Man City versus Leipzig Highlights Wednesday Action
- Top Serie A Matches Betting Analysis & Odds for Matchday 4
- UEFA Champions League: Barca versus Bayern Highlights Tuesday Matches
- Top 2021-22 Premier League Matches to Bet On Matchweek 4
- Top LaLiga Matches To Watch & Bet On Matchday 4
- Top Bundesliga Matchday 4 Games to Wager On