It took a few weeks, but we are finally starting to see some movement in the NBA Power Rankings. While we are seeing some familiar faces at the top of the rankings, we are also seeing some notable absences. It is worth remembering, though, that we are still in the very early stages of the season. If those teams are still struggling to get rolling a couple of weeks from now, then maybe we can then start talking about the panic button. For now, let’s take a look at the top and bottom 5 in the NBA Power Rankings so you can continue betting against their NBA odds .
NBA Betting | Week 3 Power Rankings
- LA Lakers – After a bit of a wobbly start that saw the Lakers jump out to a sluggish 2-2 start, they have since reeled off 3-straight to get to 5-2 and a tie for 1st in the Western Conference. Is this the beginning of a long winning streak?
- Philadelphia 76ers – The 76ers ended Week 2 with a 5-1 record, but they have since improved on that with their 4th win in a row. They are looking to turn home court into a fortress, going 4-0 in their own building thus far.
- LA Clippers – We said it last week, but I think it bears repeating that the Clippers look like the biggest threat to the Lakers in the West. They are now stuck in a 3-way tie at the top of the conference with the Lakers and the next team in the top 5.
- Phoenix Suns – A lot of people were looking at the Suns as a potential dark horse pick at the start of the season, and while it is still very early, they are fulfilling that promise by getting off to a 5-2 start. They jumped from *8 to #4 this week.
- Utah Jazz – The top 5 rounds out with another team from the Western Conference. The Utah Jazz broke out of a .500 start to win 2 in a row and get to 4-2. They made a big move, heading into the top 5 from the #12 spot.
- Charlotte Hornets – The Hornets are sitting at 2-4 right now and have a tough week ahead. They have 4 games coming, with half of those games coming against teams currently sitting in the top 5. They did move up a couple of spots this week.
- San Antonio Spurs – The Spurs are heading in the wrong direction, dropping from #19 down to #27 this week. Their 2-4 record is all the more alarming when you consider that the Spurs jumped out to a 2-0 start this season.
- Oklahoma City Thunder – In terms of offense, there is not team worse than the Thunder right now, and it is tough to see them suddenly breaking out and lighting things up anytime soon. This could be a long season for OKC.
- Detroit Pistons – The Pistons have had very little joy in the early going, ending the week with a 1-5 record. That has since become even worse, with another loss right after the most recent rankings were announced.
- Minnesota Timberwolves – Life without Karl-Anthony Towns is proving to be rough for the Timberwolves, as they are very much on the slide. After a 2-0 start, they have now lost 4 in a row to fall to 2-4.
NBA Betting News
- New Orleans Pelicans vs. Minnesota Timberwolves: 1/23/2021 NBA Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Los Angeles Lakers vs. Chicago Bulls: 1/23/2021 Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Phoenix Suns vs. Denver Nuggets: 1/23/2021 NBA Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Jazz vs. Golden State Warriors: 1/23/2021 Betting Trends, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets vs. Cleveland Cavaliers: 1/22/2021 NBA Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends