The Kansas City Chiefs signed reigning MVP Patrick Mahomes to a 10-year contract with the idea that Patrick could lead KC to multiple Super Bowl victories. The Chiefs won the 2020 Lombardi Trophy game. Can they take home the hardware on February 7 and become the next NFL dynasty? Let’s find out so you can continue betting against their Super Bowl odds.
Do Kansas City Have What it Takes to Win Super Bowl LV and Become a Dynasty?
Super Bowl LV
- When: Sunday, February 7 at 6:30 pm ET
- Where: Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, FL
Kansas City Chiefs -3 ½ Vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reasons the Chiefs will win Super Bowl LV and become a dynasty
The Chiefs lost just two games last season. The main reason? They’ve got the number one ranked offense in the NFL in yards per game.
Mahomes leads an offense that averages over 303 passing yards per. Total yards each game amounts to 415.8. Although Kansas City only ranks sixth in points scored per at 29.6, it’s more than enough to carry KC to a Super Bowl LV victory.
But offense isn’t the only reason the Chiefs can become a dynasty. The defending champion’s defensive stats aren’t great, but the defense steps it up when required. If the D stands tall versus Brady and the Bucs on February 7, KC can take their second straight Super Bowl title.
- Reasons Kansas City won’t win Super Bowl LV and become a dynasty
No team has won back-to-back Super Bowls since the New England Patriots in 2004 and 2005. The Patriots were a dynasty, but New England won their six Super Bowls in the span of 18 years from 2001 through 2019.
Kansas City could become a dynasty without winning on February 7. There’s no way to tell if that’s possible, though. The NFL in 2021 isn’t the same as the NFL in 2001 when Brady led the Patriots to their first Super Bowl.
No only that but even though the defense has stepped it up in the playoffs, Tom Brady and the Buccaneers could exploit KC’s failure to stop the rush. Buffalo didn’t do that, but the Bucs are a better rushing team than the Bills.
- Bottom line? Chiefs win Super Bowl LV and become a dynasty
Kansas City possesses something that all dynasty teams, it doesn’t matter the sport, have. The Chiefs are calm under pressure. It’s not confidence to reach the highest-level or a belief that your better.
It’s a Zen approach to doing your job. The greatest dynasties ever, the Patriots, Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA, the San Francisco 49ers, etc., got to a point where they showed up and did their job without worrying about implications of winning or losing.
That coolness is how Mahomes rallied the Chiefs against the 49ers in the 2020 Super Bowl. It’s also the reason the Kansas City Chiefs beat the Buccaneers on Sunday and become the NFL’s latest dynasty.
NFL Betting News
- NFL Rumors & News: Aaron Rodgers Wants to Leave the Packers
- NFL Rumors & News: Julio Jones Possible Trade, Patriots Wants to Sign Justin Fields & Orlando Brown Traded to the Chiefs
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NFL Update: Roger Goodell Expects Full Stadiums For The New Season, No COVID Protocol Announced Yet & More
- NFL Rumors & News: Steelers’ Coach Sign 3-Year Contract Extension, Alex Smith Retires & More News
- NFL Rumors & News: Julian Edelman Retires, Aaron Rodgers In the Spotlight Again & More