49ers vs. Seahawks NFL Week 2 Odds, Expert Analysis & PickWhen: Sunday, September 17 at 4:25 PM EST Where: CenturyLink Field, Seattle TV: FOX Radio: KNBR 680 (San Francisco) / 710AM ESPN (Seattle) NFL Week 2 Odds: Seattle Seahawks -14 (-110)
Why bet on the San Francisco 49ers at +14?If you watched the San Francisco 49ers in Week 1 of the NFL season, you were probably left wondering where their offense is going to come from this season. Brian Hoyer had a decent outing at QB, spreading the ball around and hitting 7 different receivers, but there were no big plays that may have hurt the Panthers and put the 49ers in a dangerous position. That they only ended up with 3 points on a day when the Carolina Panthers offense was struggling to get going gives you an idea of how bad things might be by the bay this season. The defense didn’t help, and still gave up 23 points in an afternoon when Cam Newton looked incredibly rusty. Things don’t look to get any easier this weekend, as the 49ers have only managed 1 win in their last 10 meetings with Seattle. They keep it close in Week 17 last year, but that was against a Seahawks team resting guys ahead of the playoffs. The 49ers are 0-5 SU and ATS in their last 5 visits to Seattle.
NFL Week 2 Betting Trends
- The San Francisco 49ers are 3-12-1 ATS in its last 16 NFL games
- San Francisco 49ers are 1-15 SU in its last 16 games
- The San Francisco 49ers are 2-7-1 ATS in its last 10 NFL games on the road
- San Francisco 49ers are 1-9 SU in its last 10 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of San Francisco 49ers’ last 9 NFL games on the road
Why bet on the Seattle Seahawks at -14?The Seahawks cannot have come away from their Week 1 17-9 loss to the Green Bay Packers feeling very good about themselves. The Seahawks struggle to get anything going on offense, and while they are solid on the defensive side of the football, they eventually capitulate to Aaron Rodgers, who ends up throwing for 311 yards. While this was certainly a tough loss, losing at Lambeau in a home opener for the Packers is not that unexpected. The Seahawks will get an opportunity to bounce back this week, and a date with the hapless 49ers may be just what the doctor ordered. This is a team that they have totally dominated in recent seasons, and over the past 10 meetings, Seattle has won by an average of 14 points, which just happens to be the spread this weekend. Not only are the Seahawks dominant SU and ATS at home versus the 49ers, they are also 11-1 ATS against them in their last 12 meetings.
NFL Week 2 Betting Trends
- The Seattle Seahawks are 1-4 ATS in its last 5 NFL games
- Seattle Seahawks are 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- The Seattle Seahawks are 8-1 SU in its last 9 NFL games at home
- Seattle Seahawks are 11-1 ATS in its last 12 games when playing San Francisco
- The Seattle Seahawks are 5-0 SU in its last 5 NFL games when playing San Francisco