Horse Racing Multiple Betting Explained
Single MultiplesIn a Single Multiple, all the betting selections must win for the wager to be successful. In this type of multiple, the maximum number of selections you can make is 16. Below is an example of this type of bet and how the winnings are calculated:
- Selections: Pharoah to win at $2.20; Gunzig to win at $4.00; Deadbeat to win at $10.00
- Calculations: $2.20 x $4.00 x $10.00 = $88.00
Exotic MultiplesIn Exotic Multiples, you are not only guaranteed a Jackpot Return if you can hit the achieve 100% winners from your selection, but you also have the benefit of getting a payout if just two of your selections happen to win. In short, all the horses from the different races don’t have to necessarily score for you to win in this form of multiple betting.
Types of Exotic Multiple BetsExotic Multiple bets come in a wide variety, including the ones listed below.
- Trixie: 4 bets involving 3 selections in different horse racing events. The bet here includes 3 doubles and 1 treble. To get a return, two of your selections must be successful.
- Patent: 7 bets involving 3 selections in different horse racing events. The bet here includes a single on each selection, 3 doubles and 1 treble. You get a return if at least one selection is successful.
- Yankee: 11 bets involving 4 selections in different horse racing events. The bet here includes 6 doubles, 4 trebles, plus an accumulator. To get a return, at least 2 of your selections must be successful.
- Lucky 15: Consists of 15 bets involving 4 selections in different horse racing events. The bet here is made up of 6 doubles, 4 singles, 4 trebles, and 1 fourfold. Most online bookies will often give a consolation to the returns like double or treble the odds if one selection wins. However, if all four selections win, then the bookmakers will often give a bonus of 10% or more to total returns. This type of bet can be really profitable, as you get your money back at the odds of five to one.