The Horse Racing Multiple Betting System Explained
Multiple betting in horse racing, or simply betting on multiples, is an increasingly popular horse racing betting strategy that can reap you big returns for a small initial outlay. Essentially, this online wagering strategy revolves around betting on two, three or more horses in different races, and then the final payout is determined by multiplying together the odds of each of your selections. There are several types of multiples, but all of them are categorized under the umbrella of Single and Exotic Multiple bets.
Horse Racing Multiple Betting Explained
In a Single Multiple, all the betting selections must win for the wager to be successful. In this type of multiple, the maximum number of selections you can make is 16. Below is an example of this type of bet and how the winnings are calculated:
- Selections: Pharoah to win at $2.20; Gunzig to win at $4.00; Deadbeat to win at $10.00
- Calculations: $2.20 x $4.00 x $10.00 = $88.00
If, for example, you had a stake of $100 on the above selections (valued at $88.00), your winnings would be a whopping $8,800. As such, your profit from the small outlay of $100 would be $8,700.
In Exotic Multiples, you are not only guaranteed a Jackpot Return if you can hit the achieve 100% winners from your selection, but you also have the benefit of getting a payout if just two of your selections happen to win. In short, all the horses from the different races don’t have to necessarily score for you to win in this form of multiple betting.
Types of Exotic Multiple Bets
Exotic Multiple bets come in a wide variety, including the ones listed below.
- Trixie: 4 bets involving 3 selections in different horse racing events. The bet here includes 3 doubles and 1 treble. To get a return, two of your selections must be successful.
- Patent: 7 bets involving 3 selections in different horse racing events. The bet here includes a single on each selection, 3 doubles and 1 treble. You get a return if at least one selection is successful.
- Yankee: 11 bets involving 4 selections in different horse racing events. The bet here includes 6 doubles, 4 trebles, plus an accumulator. To get a return, at least 2 of your selections must be successful.
- Lucky 15: Consists of 15 bets involving 4 selections in different horse racing events. The bet here is made up of 6 doubles, 4 singles, 4 trebles, and 1 fourfold. Most online bookies will often give a consolation to the returns like double or treble the odds if one selection wins. However, if all four selections win, then the bookmakers will often give a bonus of 10% or more to total returns. This type of bet can be really profitable, as you get your money back at the odds of five to one.
Final Pointers on Multiple Bets
Besides these types of Exotic Multiple bets, we have others like Super Yankee (also known as Canadian), Lucky 31, Heinz, Lucky 63, Super Heinz and Goliath, which are more-or-less variations of the Exotic Multiples explained above. In certain online sportsbooks, you are also allowed to make your own multiples bets, giving you a chance to customize your horse racing multiple bets as you wish.
Despite the potential for huge payouts, novice bettors must be aware that one or two losers can drastically reduce your winnings by up to halve your bet. Proper research and professional caution is thus advised when approaching horse racing multiple bets.