There is still an awful lot of basketball to be played this season, but it really is beginning to look as though the Eastern Conference is turning into a 2-horse race. It is the Milwaukee Bucks and the Toronto Raptors who are leading the way at the top, with both teams continuing to rack up wins while the chasing pack is starting to drop games here and there. The Bucks and Raptors have essentially been playing a game of leapfrog at the top and the Raptors have the opportunity to get back on top with a win on Friday night when they host the Brooklyn Nets.
While this is a game that you would expect the Raptors to win, it is worth remembering that the Nets took the earlier meeting this season. Brooklyn is sitting down near the playoff line in the Eastern Conference, occupying the #7 spot. The Raptors are in as a 9 ½ point favorite for this one, with the point total set at 222 ½.
How to Bet Nets at Raptors NBA Spread & Betting Pick
📼 The best of @Dloading‘s 2️⃣3️⃣ last night vs. Atlanta🌟 https://t.co/qPlSkhz0Mm 🌟 pic.twitter.com/lSHfLRh2J9 — Brooklyn Nets (@BrooklynNets) 10 de enero de 2019
- When: Friday, January 11 at 7:30 PM EST
- Where: Rogers Centre, Toronto
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Spread: Toronto Raptors -9.5 (Total 222.5)
Why bet on the Brooklyn Nets?As we mentioned earlier, there is a definite gap opening up in the Eastern Conference, with the Nets now sitting 10 games off the pace being set by the Milwaukee Bucks. Brooklyn is having a much better season than we have seen from them in recent years, and while they are currently occupying a playoff spot, they are still sitting a game under .500 on the season at 21-22. The Nets are close to .500 on the road this season, going 11-12 in those games.
They have not had a lot of success versus teams with a winning record, winning just 6 of the 18 games played against the better teams in the league. The Nets have been in as a road favorite 18 times this season, going 9-9 ATS. 4 of the last 6 games for the Nets have gone OVER, but they are 9-12 O/U on the road this season.
- Total Score: 110.86
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.41
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.03
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.16
- Total Rebounds: 45.23
- Total Score: 111.28
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.83
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.97
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.97
- Total Rebounds: 44.21
Why bet on the Toronto Raptors?With 31 wins on the season, the Toronto Raptors have the most wins in the NBA, but they are still sitting behind the Bucks in the East by the slimmest of margins in win percentage. The Raptors did lose to the Nets earlier this season, but that loss was certainly an anomaly, as they had won 12-straight games against Brooklyn prior to that defeat.
The Toronto Raptors are a very solid 17-4 on home court this season, and they have been totally dominant against teams with a losing record, winning 16 of 20 against those teams. Given their record, it is perhaps no surprise that the Raptors have been the favorite more often than not, but they have not been a great ATS bet. Overall, Toronto is 13-20-1 as the favorite, which includes a home favorite record of 9-12 ATS.
- Total Score: 113.16
- Field Goal Percentage: 47.49
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.44
- Free Throw Percentage: 80.43
- Total Rebounds: 44.77
- Total Score: 107.86
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.31
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.20
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.67
- Total Rebounds: 44.58
Nets at Raptors NBA Betting Trends
- Brooklyn is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Brooklyn is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Brooklyn’s last 6 games
- Toronto is 4-7-1 ATS in its last 12 games when playing at home against Brooklyn
- Toronto is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 15 of Toronto’s last 23 games at home
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Nets at RaptorsWhile I am a little wary about taking the Raptors against the spread given their poor performance there, I do think that they will find a way to win and cover here. They have been playing good ball during their 3-game win streak, so let’s go with Toronto to make it 4 in a row.
Score: Brooklyn Nets 105 – Toronto Raptors 116