While there is still an awful lot of basketball to be played in the current NBA season, the reality is that the pressure is already mounting on the teams sitting below the playoff line right now. Every single loss becomes all the more devastating, and things are only going to get worse with each passing week. The good news for many of those teams is that the playoff line is still within reach for now, but the gap could quickly become untenable if the wins don’t start coming a little more quickly.
The Minnesota Timberwolves are one of those teams that are still very much within reach of one of the playoff spots in the Western Conference, but if they are to claw their way back, they need to take advantage of these types of games. The Phoenix Suns are dead last in the West and are among the very worst teams in the league in terms of wins and losses. It is perhaps no real surprise then that the Timberwolves are in as a 4.5-point road favorite for this one, with the point total set at 230.5.
Timberwolves vs Suns NBA Week 15 Odds & Game Preview
Instead of Phoenix rising, Derrick Rose. 🌹 pic.twitter.com/vJyuqdD0dR— Timberwolves (@Timberwolves) 21 de enero de 2019
- When: Tuesday, January 22 at 9 PM EST
- Where: Talking Stick Resort Arena, Phoenix
- TV: NBA TV
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Week 15 Odds: Minnesota Timberwolves -4.5 (Total 230.5)
Why bet on the Minnesota Timberwolves?
The Timberwolves made a coaching change a few weeks back, but they have not really made any real progress since then. Right now, they are sitting below the playoff line, 3 games back of the #8 seed that would get them into the postseason. To make matters worse, they are simply not doing enough to close the gap, going just 5-5 in their last 10 games.
This will be their second straight game versus the Suns, and while they came away with the win in the previous meeting, it was a tight 2-point affair in a game that the T-Wolves started as a 12-point favorite. Minnesota has just 6 wins on the road this season and is only 3-4 ATS when in as a road favorite this season. They are also just 4-6 ATS in their last 10 games overall.
- Total Score: 111.63
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.90
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.15
- Free Throw Percentage: 79.28
- Total Rebounds: 44.41
- Total Score: 112.02
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.33
- Three-Point Percentage: 37.31
- Free Throw Percentage: 76.03
- Total Rebounds: 45.72
Why bet on the Phoenix Suns?
The Suns will be heading home after yet another loss, but they may well take some heart that they pushed the Timberwolves all the way to the end in that 116-114 loss. The Suns may not be picking up many wins, but they have been a very food bet against the spread of late, covering in 5 of their last 7 games.
They already played at home once versus Minnesota this season, winning that one 107-99. They have now beaten the Timberwolves twice in their last 3 home meetings. While there are positives to be taken from that last game, it still ended in a loss, taking the Suns current losing streak to 4 games, while also winning just 2 of their last 10. Overall, the Suns are 11-12 ATS as the home underdog this season.
- Total Score: 106.33
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.82
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.71
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.86
- Total Rebounds: 40.23
- Total Score: 115.00
- Field Goal Percentage: 48.20
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.02
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.64
- Total Rebounds: 45.81
Timberwolves vs Suns NBA Week 15 Betting Trends
- Minnesota is 1-4 ATS in the last 5 games
- Minnesota is 6-19 SU in the last 25 games on the road
- The total went OVER in 15 of Minnesota’s last 17 games
- Phoenix is 2-6 SU in the last 8 games at home
- Phoenix is 5-1-1 ATS in the last 7 games when playing Minnesota
- The total went UNDER in 7 of Phoenix’s last 9 games when playing at home against Minnesota
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction for Timberwolves vs Suns
Minnesota has way more to play for than the Suns at this point in the season and will almost certainly have been given a bit of a wake-up call in that last game. I like the Timberwolves to win this one a little more comfortably.
Score: Minnesota Timberwolves 118 – Phoenix Suns 113