Matthew Stafford and the Detroit Lions will be going all out to give their faint playoff hopes a big boost when they host Dak Prescott and a Dallas Cowboys team that will be looking to improve its own postseason plans after their latest effort on Sunday night. With these two NFC rivals set to stage what is normally a Thanksgiving Day matchup, let’s find out which one of these playoff hopefuls is offering the best value against their NFL odds in this Week 11 battle.
Cowboys vs Lions 2019 NFL Week 11 Odds, Preview & Pick
- When: Sunday, November 17, 2019 at 1:00 PM ET
- Where: Ford Field, Detroit, Michigan
- TV: FOX
- Radio: Dallas / Detroit
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 11 Odds: Dallas -3.5 / Total: OFF
Why Bet On Dallas?
Despite having their modest two-game winning streak snapped in Sunday’s 28-24 loss against Minnesota as a 3.5-point home favorite, there are several good reasons to back the Boys in this matchup, starting with the fact that they are now desperate after going an uninspiring 5-4 through nine games. Then, there’s the fact that Dallas is statistically better than Detroit on both sides of the ball while ranking an identical sixth in scoring (27.9 ppg) and points allowed (18.9 ppg). Last but not least, the Cowboys have won three straight in this rivalry, including a narrow, 26-24 win last season as a 2.5-point home favorite.
- Average Score For: 27.89
- Total Yards:
- Pass Yards: 299.11
- Rush Yards: 138.22
- Average Score Against: 18.89
- Total Yards:
- Pass Yards: 219.78
- Rush Yards: 103.44
Why Bet On Detroit?
While Detroit has dropped two straight and five of their last six games overall, there are still a few good reasons to back the Lions in this contest. First and foremost, Detroit has recorded a pair of quality wins this season over the Chargers and Eagles. Then, there’s the fact that starting quarterback Matthew Stafford could be back on the field after sitting out last weekend’s 20-13 road loss at Chicago to snap a streak of 136 consecutive starts.
“My thinking is to try and be out there as soon as I possibly can to help us win,” Stafford said this week. The strong-armed veteran signal-caller is considered week-to-week with fractures in his back.
Another good reason to back Detroit is the fact that they are playing at home where they’ve gone a decent 2-2 in four games so far this season. Last but not least, the Lions have already beaten two NFC East-based opponents by taking out Philly 27-24 in Week 3 and the Giants 31-26 in Week 8.
- Average Score For: 24.11
- Total Yards:
- Pass Yards: 291.22
- Rush Yards: 96.22
- Average Score Against: 26.33
- Total Yards:
- Pass Yards: 272.33
- Rush Yards: 129.67
NFL Week 11 Betting Trends for Cowboys vs Lions
- Cowboys are 2-4 ATS in the last 6 games
- Cowboys are 13-6 SU in the last 19 games
- The total went OVER in 4 of Dallas’ last 5 games
- Lions are 1-4 ATS in the last 5 games
- Lions are 1-5 SU in the last 6 games
- The total went OVER in 5 of Detroit’s last 7 games
Cowboys vs Lions Expert Analysis and Prediction
With the status of Matthew Stafford up in the air, I believe it’s a virtual certainty that Dallas wins this Week 11 matchup and covers the chalk. Even if the veteran does suit up, Dallas is still the better team on both sides of the ball, so there’s that as well.
The road team in this NFC rivalry has gone 4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings while the Cowboys have gone 8-2 ATS in their last 10 road games against a team with a losing home record. On the flip side of the coin, The Lions are an uninspiring 2-7 ATS in their last nine home games and 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games overall. The Cowboys are desperate and the Lions look clueless more times than not, particularly on offense. I wouldn’t think twice about the outcome of this Week 11 pairing. Dallas wins and cashes in!
Pick: Dallas 31 Detroit 21
More NFL Week 11 Betting News
- Bears vs Rams 2019 NFL Week 11 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Chiefs vs Chargers 2019 NFL Week 11 Spread & Pick for Monday Night
- Patriots vs Eagles 2019 NFL Week 11 Lines & Game Preview
- Bengals vs Raiders 2019 NFL Week 11 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Cardinals vs 49ers 2019 NFL Week 11 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- Saints vs Buccaneers 2019 NFL Week 11 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Jets vs Redskins 2019 NFL Week 11 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Broncos vs Vikings 2019 NFL Week 11 Spread & Expert Analysis
- Texans vs Ravens 2019 NFL Week 11 Betting Lines & Game Preview
- Bills vs Dolphins 2019 NFL Week 11 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Falcons vs Panthers 2019 NFL Week 11 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- Steelers vs Browns 2019 NFL Week 11 Odds & Pick for Thursday Night
- Jaguars vs Colts 2019 NFL Week 9 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Cowboys vs Lions 2019 NFL Week 11 Odds, Preview & Pick