When the Pittsburgh Steelers and New England Patriots hooked up a few weeks ago in the regular season, many people submitted an NFL Playoffs betting prediction that includes a rematch at the AFC Championship Game. The Patriots won that game, securing home-field advantage in the process, and both teams head into the Divisional Round this weekend knowing that a win will set up the matchup so many people want, especially given how controversially that last game ended.
New England looks to have the easier path to the Championship game, but while their game against the Titans looks straightforward on paper, there is a reason why they play them on the field. Let’s take a look at both AFC Divisional Round games, and the latest NFL playoffs odds with some predictions to go with it.
NFL Playoffs Betting Prediction: 2018 AFC Divisional Round
— NFL (@NFL) 10 de enero de 2018
Tennessee Titans vs. New England Patriots
- When: Saturday, January 13, 2018, 7:15 PM ET
- Where: Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, MA
- TV: CBS
- Radio: 92.9 FM (Tennessee) / 98.5 FM (New England)
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Playoffs Betting Odds: New England Patriots -13.5 (Over/Under at 47 points)
The defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots are in as a 13 ½ point favorite for their game against the Tennessee Titans. This is not really a surprise when you consider that the Patriots are always tough at home and that they still have the greatest QB to ever play the game still playing at a ridiculously good level at the age of 40.
The Patriots are 6-2 at home this season, covering the spread in 5 of those 8 games. They have beaten the Titans at Foxboro the last 5 times Tennessee has come to town, with the Titans only covering the spread once.
Tennessee is a surprise visitor to the Divisional Round, as we all believed that the Kansas City Chiefs would be the team heading back to Foxboro after winning there in Week 1. The Titans upset the apple cart last weekend, though, going into Arrowhead and getting the win in the Wild Card game, coming from 18 points down in the process.
It was a gritty performance from the Titans, but it also came after the Chiefs lost a dominant Travis Kelce to injury in the first half. The Titans are going against a full-strength Patriots, and that may spell trouble.
Latest NFL Playoffs Betting Trends
- Titans are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games
- Titans are 8-4 SU in their last 12 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Tennessee’s last 7 games
- Patriots are 9-1 ATS in their last 10 games
- Patriots are 11-1 SU in their last 12 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of New England’s last 5 games
Pick: Tennessee Titans 14 – New England Patriots 30
Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
- When: Sunday, January 14, 2018, 1:05 PM ET
- Where: Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA
- TV: CBS
- Radio: 1230 AM (Jacksonville) / 102.5 FM (Pittsburgh)
- Streaming option: NFL Live
- NFL Playoffs Betting Odds: Pittsburgh Steelers -7 (Over/Under at 41 points)
The Jaguars are in the Divisional Round after beating the Buffalo Bills 10-6 in the Wild Card game. It was the type of game that showed off the good and bad elements of this Jaguars team. The offense under Blake Bortles at QB struggled to get the ball moving, with Bortles actually gaining more yards on the ground than through the air.
The defense was dominant, though, just as they were when they beat the Steelers 30-9 in the regular season in a game where the D picked off Big Ben 5 times. They may need a similar performance to move on to the AFC Championship Game.
The Steelers are entering the playoffs with a bit of a chip on their shoulder after losing to the Patriots in such controversial style. They will want another shot at the champs, but you can bet that they are not looking beyond the team that manhandled them on their own building earlier in the season.
Antonio Brown is expected to return after sitting out the last 2 weeks of the regular season with an injury, which just adds to the offensive firepower this team brings to the table. If they can move the football consistently on offense, the Jags are going to have a tough time keeping pace.
Latest NFL Playoffs Betting Trends
- Jaguars are 12-5 ATS in their last 17 games when playing Pittsburgh
- Jaguars are 6-19 SU in their last 25 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Jacksonville’s last 6 games on the road
- Steelers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games
- Steelers are 10-1 SU in their last 11 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 7 games
Pick: Jacksonville Jaguars 19 – Pittsburgh Steelers 26