Rams versus 49ers in Week 16 was supposed to be for the NFC West Division. Instead, Los Angeles plays to keep its slim playoff hopes alive while the 49ers play for a shot at winning the NFC West in Week 17. Will the Rams put a dent into San Francisco’s division-winning chances? Or, will the 49ers set up a massive Week 17 matchup against the Seattle Seahawks? Keep reading for NFL odds, analysis and a free pick for Rams vs 49ers!
Rams vs 49ers 2019 NFL Week 16 Spread & Game Preview
- When: Saturday, Dec. 21 at 8:15 pm ET
- Where: Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara, CA
- TV: NFL Net
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- ATS Odds: 49ers -6
- Over/Under Total Odds: 46
- Showers: 9°C/49°F
- Humidity: 79%
- Precipitation: 40%
- Wind: 8 mph SSE
- Cloud Cover: 84%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why the L.A. Rams are a good bet +6?No one can argue that the Dallas Cowboys dominated the L.A. Rams in Week 15. However, the Rams can bounce back versus San Francisco. One of the reasons Los Angeles played so poorly had to do with this game in Week 16. Los Angeles looked ahead. It cost them. Putting a dent into their rival’s chances of winning the division could make up for that.
- Total Yards: 369.9
- Passing Yards: 276.1
- Rushing Yards: 93.9
- Points Scored: 23.7
- Total Yards: 336.2
- Passing Yards: 220.6
- Rushing Yards: 115.6
- Points Allowed: 21.9
Why the San Francisco 49ers are a good bet -6?
San Francisco beat the New Orleans Saints in Week 14. They were due for a bounce in Week 15. Atlanta got to San Francisco, but the 49ers had a chance to win that game. No worries. The next two weeks are much more important. San Francisco’s quest for the NFC West title and home-field starts with a victory over the Rams. San Francisco beat LAR 20-7 in Week 3. Why would Saturday’s matchup be any different?
- Total Yards: 383.2
- Passing Yards: 236.2
- Rushing Yards: 147.0
- Points Scored: 29.9
- Total Yards: 269.0
- Passing Yards: 154.4
- Rushing Yards: 114.6
- Points Allowed: 18.4
NFL Week 16 Betting Trends for L.A. Rams vs San Francisco 49ers
- Rams are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games following an ATS loss
- Los Angeles Rams are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 versus the NFC West
- Rams are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 road games
- Under is 7-1 in Rams last 8 games on grass
- San Francisco is 5-1 ATS versus a team with a winning record
- 49ers are 7-18-1 ATS in their last 26 games as a favorite
- SF is 2-7-1 ATS in their last 10 versus the NFC West
- Over is 5-1 in San Francisco’s last 6 games as a favorite
Rams vs 49ers Final NFL Betting Analysis
Los Angeles must win their next 2 games and hope the Minnesota Vikings lose their next 2 games. That’s the only way the L.A. Rams can stamp their playoff ticket. The Rams can’t worry about what Minnesota does versus Green Bay on Sunday.
In a way, that should help Rams’ backers. Los Angeles had played well before the Cowboys torched their defense for 44 points in Week 15. L.A. beat Seattle 28-12 only a week before. In Week 13, they dominated Arizona 34-7.
They also have an advantage against the 49ers. Drew Brees beat-up San Francisco’s secondary 2 weeks ago. Last Sunday, Atlanta’s Matt Ryan torched the Niners. Jared Goff should play. If he does, he’ll have all 3 of his top wide receivers: Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, and Brandin Cooks, at his disposal.
The Rams have a big shot on the moneyline here. Back Los Angeles to add to what could turn into a late San Francisco swoon.
NFL Free Pick: L.A. Rams moneyline
More NFL Week 16 Betting News
- Jaguars vs Falcons 2019 NFL Week 16 Spread & Expert Analysis
- Saints vs Titans 2019 NFL Week 16 Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Cowboys vs Eagles 2019 NFL Week 16 Lines, Preview & Analysis
- Cardinals vs Seahawks 2019 NFL Week 16 Odds, Prediction & Pick
- Rams vs 49ers 2019 NFL Week 16 Spread & Game Preview
- NFL Picks Week 16 (Ep. 766)
- Giants vs Redskins 2019 NFL Week 16 Spread, Game Info & Pick
- Panthers vs Colts 2019 NFL Week 16 Lines & Betting Analysis
- Ravens vs Browns 2019 NFL Week 16 Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- Raiders vs Chargers 2019 NFL Week 16 Betting Lines & Game Preview
- Steelers vs Jets 2019 NFL Week 16 Lines & Expert Analysis
- Bengals vs Dolphins 2019 NFL Week 16 Odds & Betting Prediction
- Bills vs Patriots 2019 NFL Week 16 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Texans vs Buccaneers 2019 NFL Week 16 Odds, Preview & Pick