The Indianapolis Colts and Jacksonville Jaguars will both look to close out their respective 2019 seasons with a victory when they square off in their Week 17, season-ending AFC South divisional matchup on Sunday. Now, with Indy looking to record consecutive victories and the Jags looking to bounce back from their latest loss, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NFL odds.
Colts vs Jaguars 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Preview & Pick
- When: Sunday, December 29, 2019 at 4:25 PM ET
- Where: TIAA Stadium, Jacksonville, FL
- TV: CBS
- Radio: Indianapolis / Jacksonville
- Live Stream: NFL Game Pass
- NFL Week 17 Odds: Indianapolis -3.5 / Total: 43
- Showers: 25°C/77°F
- Humidity: 81%
- Precipitation: 40%
- Wind: 11 mph SSE
- Cloud Cover: 84%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why Bet On Indianapolis?
The Colts snapped a four-game losing streak by smacking Carolina senseless en route to a commanding 38-6 blowout win last weekend.
“We have one more opportunity with this group of guys,” Colts quarterback Jacoby Brissett told reporters. “I think everybody has bought into that. … We did that last week and we have another good opportunity to do that.”
Despite winning just once in their last five, the Colts have managed to put 35 points or more on the board in two of their last three, although their defense has allowed 34 or more twice during the span. Indianapolis is averaging 22.7 points per game (16th) while allowing 22.3 per contest defensively (15th). The Colts are also ranked an encouraging fourth in rushing and eighth against the run.
- Average Score For: 22.73
- Total Yards: 330.87
- Pass Yards: 197.67
- Rush Yards: 133.20
- Average Score Against: 22.33
- Total Yards: 346.33
- Pass Yards: 246.40
- Rush Yards: 99.93
Why Bet On Jacksonville?
The Jaguars have dropped six of seven and come into this contest off a humbling 24-12 road loss at Atlanta last weekend and now, Jacksonville will finish with a losing record for the eighth time in nine seasons.
“A very disappointing year,” head coach Doug Marrone told reporters. “It’s difficult when a team is not doing well. You want your team to be doing well so your fans can have some pride and joy. … I’m truly sorry that I’ve let so many people down and that I couldn’t have done a better job.”
Rookie quarterback Gardner Minshew has cooled off after a blazing hot start and went a modest 13-of-31 last weekend, although he does have five TD passes and one interception in four December appearances.
“He was able to come in and sustain a level for us,” Marrone told reporters of Minshew’s rookie campaign in which he replaced veteran Nick Foles twice.
The Jaguars average a modest 17.5 points per game to rank a discouraging 29th in scoring while allowing 25.1 points per game to rank 22nd in points allowed.
- Average Score For: 17.47
- Total Yards: 341.00
- Pass Yards: 231.60
- Rush Yards: 109.40
- Average Score Against: 25.13
- Total Yards: 382.13
- Pass Yards: 242.33
- Rush Yards: 139.80
NFL Week 17 Betting Trends for Indianapolis Colts vs Jacksonville Jaguars
- Colts are 1-7-1 ATS in the last 9 games against Jacksonville
- Colts are 1-4 SU in the last 5 games
- The total went UNDER in 5 of Indianapolis’ last 7 games when playing on the road against Jacksonville
- Jaguars are 1-6 ATS in the last 7 games
- Jaguars are 1-6 SU in the last 7 games
- The total went UNDER in 12 of Jacksonville’s last 17 games against Indianapolis
Colts vs Jaguars Expert Analysis and Prediction
While I really like the play of rookie Gardner Minshew II and I believe he could actually make it as a starter in the league, I don’t think Jacksonville has enough offensive firepower in order to keep up with a Colts team that is still plenty explosive on the offensive side of the ball despite their uneven season. I know the Colts are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 meetings in Jacksonville and just 1-7-1 ATS in their last 9 meetings against the Jags overall, but the favorite in this AFC South rivalry has gone 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings while Indianapolis has gone a blistering 7-1 ATS in their last eight games against their division rivals. Jacksonville gets humbled one more time to cap off their 2019 campaign.
Pick: Colts 31 Jaguars 20
More NFL Week 17 Betting News
- 2019 NFL Week 17 Over/Under Betting Picks
- Raiders vs Broncos 2019 NFL Week 17 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Overview & Predictions for Each Game
- Titans vs Texans 2019 NFL Week 17 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Dolphins vs Patriots 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Cardinals vs Rams 2019 NFL Week 17 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- Chargers vs Chiefs 2019 NFL Week 17 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- Bears vs Vikings 2019 NFL Week 17 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Colts vs Jaguars 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Preview & Pick
- NFL Week 17 Christmas MEGAPOD (Ep. 768)
- Steelers vs Ravens 2019 NFL Week 17 Spread, Game Info & Expert Pick
- Jets vs Bills 2019 NFL Week 17 Lines, Analysis & Prediction
- Falcons vs Buccaneers 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Eagles vs Giants 2019 NFL Week 17 Odds, Analysis & Prediction