The teams who land on top of their respective conferences in the NBA tend to go into the playoffs as the favorites to win it all for a couple of different reasons. The most obvious is that those teams have shown the capacity to play consistently good ball over a long period of time, which tends to put them in a good place when going into any 7-game series. You also need to consider the fact that winning the conference means having home court advantage all the way through to the NBA Finals. It really does look as though the Milwaukee Bucks are going to finish the season with the best record, even with a lot of games still to come. When looking at teams that might get in their way in the postseason, you need to talk about the defending champions and the team that bounced the Bucks last season. The Toronto Raptors are insanely hot right now and will be looking to maintain that hot run when they head to Indiana to play the Indiana Pacers on Friday night. The Raptors will hit the court favored by a single point according to the NBA betting odds, with the O/U for this one set at 218½.
How to Bet Raptors vs Pacers NBA Odds & TV Info
- When: Friday, February 7 at 8 PM EST
- Where: Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis
- TV: NBA League Pass
- Radio: Raptors / Pacers
- NBA Odds: Raptors -1 (Total: 218½)
Why Bet on the Toronto Raptors
The Milwaukee Bucks may have the best record in the NBA right now, but there is still no team hotter than the Toronto Raptors. They are coming into this one on a 12-game winning streak that is leading many to believe that they might just have what it takes to repeat as the champions. Overall, the Raptors record now stands at 37-14, which has them in second in the Eastern Conference, although still 7 games off the pace being set by the Bucks. This is the third time that the Raptors and Pacers will meet this season, with the previous two games split, each with the home team winning. On the road this season, the Raptors are a very healthy 18-7 SU, while also going 13-12 ATS in those outings.
Toronto Raptors 2020 NBA Betting Trends and Stats
- Toronto are 8-4 ATS in their last 12 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Toronto’s last 5 games.
- Toronto are 10-0 SU in their last 10 games.
- Toronto are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games against Indiana.
- Toronto are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games against Indiana.
- Toronto are 9-0 SU in their last 9 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Toronto’s last 10 games when playing on the road against Indiana.
- Toronto are 12-0 SU in their last 12 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Toronto’s last 6 games against an opponent in the Eastern conference.
- Toronto are 12-4 ATS in their last 16 games against an opponent in the Central division.
- Total Score: 112.75
- Field Goal %: 45.88
- Three Point %: 37.41
- Free Throw %: 79.63
- Total Rebounds: 45.45
- Total Score: 106.14
- Field Goal %: 42.84
- Three Point %: 33.81
- Free Throw %: 76.05
- Total Rebounds: 46.67
Why Bet on the Indiana Pacers
The Indiana Pacers are on a run that is seeing them head in the wrong direction in the Eastern Conference standings. They come into this one on a 3-game losing skid that has seen them fall to 5-5 in their last 10 games. The Pacers now sit at 31-20 on the season, and while they are basically a lock to be in the postseason, they are beginning to drift further away from the top 4 teams, which would mean not having home court advantage from the off. On the plus side of things, the Pacers have been very good at home, going 18-7 this season, although just 12-11-2 ATS in those games. In their last 10 home games against Toronto, the UNDER has come up 9 times, so that certainly looks like a bet to consider.
Indiana Pacers 2020 NBA Betting Trends and Stats
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Indiana’s last 6 games.
- Indiana are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games.
- Indiana are 13-5 SU in their last 18 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Indiana’s last 10 games when playing at home against Toronto.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Indiana’s last 5 games this season.
- Indiana are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Eastern conference.
- Indiana are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Atlantic division.
- Indiana are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games played in February.
- Total Score: 109.59
- Field Goal %: 47.62
- Three Point %: 37.14
- Free Throw %: 78.98
- Total Rebounds: 42.55
- Total Score: 107.08
- Field Goal %: 44.86
- Three Point %: 34.36
- Free Throw %: 78.93
- Total Rebounds: 44.76
Raptors vs Pacers Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
It has been the home team that has come out on top in both previous meetings this season, but I think we see that trend come to an end on Friday night. I am on the Raptors to win and cover in Indiana.
Toronto Raptors 108 – Indiana Pacers 104