san diego state aztecs
San Diego State Odds | 2021 College Football Betting Lines
San Diego State Odds | 2021 College Football Betting Lines
There are currently no lines available for this sport. Either there are no odds open to bet on, or the sport is not in season at this time. You can check back soon or bet on any of the online sportsbook lines and betting odds listed below:
san diego state Schedule
san diego state Standings
san diego state Injuries
Most recent posts
San Diego State Aztecs Odds
2021 San Diego State Aztecs Headlines, Best Lines
|University||San Diego State University|
|Location||San Diego, California|
|Conference||Mountain West Conference|
|NCAA||Division I / FBS|
|Football Stadium||SDCCU Stadium|
Central Michigan vs San Diego State 2019 New Mexico Bowl Spread & Prediction
Saturday is a very busy day of bowl action around college football and the first game features Central Michigan of the Mid-American Conference against San Diego State of the Mountain West in the New Mexico Bowl. The Aztecs are short favorites on the Mybookie NCAAF odds.
How to Bet Central Michigan vs San Diego State New Mexico Bowl Spread & Game Info
- When: Saturday, 2 PM ET
- Where: Dreamstyle Stadium, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- TV: ESPN
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- New Mexico Bowl Spread: San Diego State -3.5 (Total 41)
Why Bet on Central Michigan?First-year coach Chips coach Jim McElwain won Coach of the Year in the MAC. McElwain has taken part in this bowl before, leading his Colorado State squad to a 48-45 victory over Washington State in 2013.
CMU, which won just one game in 2018, was the most-improved team in college football in ’19, winning six of its final seven regular-season games to capture its first outright MAC West Division title and earn its first bid to the league championship game since 2009. The Chips lost in the title game 26-21 to Miami of Ohio.
CMU led 14-10 at halftime but was outscored 16-7 in the final two quarters. Miami’s Sam Sloman kicked three field goals in the fourth quarter to keep the Chippewas at bay. The Chippewas were penalized 11 times for 75 yards, and several of the penalties came at critical points, including a holding penalty that wiped out a first down on what was unfolding a promising second-half drive, and a fourth-quarter targeting penalty on linebacker Troy Brown that resulted in the sophomore’s ejection.
Some NumbersTommy Lazzaro led the Chippewas with 48 yards rushing and two touchdowns, and quarterback Quinten Dormady completed 26 of 41 passes for 232 yards and a touchdown. His one interception was a back-breaker as it came on first down with CMU threatening at the Miami 27-yard line, trailing 20-14 with more than 10 minutes remaining. Dormady transferred to CMU from Tennessee and has thrown for 1,916 yards with 13 touchdowns this season.
Jonathan Ward is the 27th player in CMU history to rush for at least 1,000 yards in a season. He produced the 38th 1,000-yard season in program history when he rushed for 88 against Toledo. He has 1,082 yards for the season. Ward, who rushed for 1,019 yards in 2017, is the ninth player in program history to have put together multiple 1,000-yard rushing seasons.
With 977 rushing yards, sophomore Kobe Lewis needs 23 to reach 1,000, giving the Chippewas two 1,000-yard rushers in the same season for the first time in program history. Ward also ranks on both CMU’s single-season and career rushing touchdown lists. The senior ranks eighth on the career list with 28 and needs three TDs to move into a tie for seventh with Brian Pruitt (1992-94).
This is the first meeting between Central Michigan and San Diego State.
Why Bet on San Diego State?The Aztecs (9-3) closed the season with a 13-3 win over BYU – they are a great defensive team. SDSU has gone 26 straight quarters without allowing more than one score. The last time San Diego State allowed multiple scores in a quarter was the second quarter vs. Wyoming on Oct. 12.
The Aztecs have allowed just 83 points over the last 26 quarters (3.2 points per quarter). SDSU’s defense ranks among the national leaders in nearly every statistical category. Among its highest rankings are: 2nd in rushing defense (72.3), 2nd in rushing yards allowed per carry (2.6), T-2nd in TD allowed (18), 4th in scoring defense (12.8), T-4th in rushing touchdowns allowed (7), T-4th in passing touchdowns allowed (10), 5th fewest plays of 20+ yards allowed (36), 5th in first downs allowed (190), 5th in total defense (288.6), 16th in passing efficiency rating (113.4) and 17th in passing yards per attempt (6.21).
Freshman Carson Baker threw for the go-ahead score in his first career start and Tariq Thompson had a strip-sack fumble recovery and an interception for San Diego State. The Cougars had beaten the Aztecs six straight times, including their final regular-season matchup in 2010 before leaving the MWC and going independent.
Baker TimeBaker had never taken a college snap before getting the start in place of senior Ryan Agnew, who sat out with an injured left calf. He completed 19 of 24 passes for 172 yards and a 25-yard scoring pass to tight end Daniel Bellinger. Baker became the first SDSU quarterback to start in a game having never previously thrown a pass since Ryan Lindley started on Aug. 30, 2008 vs. Cal Poly.
Baker became the fourth straight San Diego State quarterback to win in his starting debut, joining Maxwell Smith (Aug. 30, 2015 vs. San Diego), Christian Chapman (Dec. 5, 2015 vs. Air Force in the Mountain West Championship game) and Ryan Agnew (Sept. 15, 2018 vs. No. 23/25 Arizona State). Aztec quarterbacks were 1-13 in the previous 14 debuts prior to this stretch. SDSU improved to 32-2 over its last 34 games when owning a turnover advantage. San Diego State ranks third in turnover margin this season (+1.25) and leads the nation in the category since the start of the 2014 campaign (+0.75).
The Aztecs have clinched a 10th consecutive winning season, which is the second-longest streak in program history and the longest since a 17-year stretch from 1961-77. Since the start of the 2010 season, SDSU’s winning percentage (.679) is 15th nationally and is second in the state of California, trailing only Stanford (.737).
SDSU is looking to join elite company. With a win, the Aztecs would post their fourth double-digit victory season in the last five years. Currently, nine schools have a spot on that list with San Diego State and Michigan looking to join the group with a bowl victory.
Central Michigan vs San Diego State New Mexico Bowl Betting Trends
- Aztecs are 9-3 SU in their last 12 games
- Aztecs are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games when playing as the favorite
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Diego State’s last 5 games played in December
- Chippewas are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games
- Chippewas are 8-2-1 ATS in their last 11 games this season
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Central Michigan’s last 7 games played on a Saturday
Expert Final Score Prediction for Central Michigan vs San Diego StateCentral Michigan 10 – San Diego State 17
San Diego State Aztecs Recent History, News & Betting Odds
We offer the latest San Diego State Aztecs Game Odds, Aztecs Live Odds, This Weeks San Diego State Aztecs team totals, spreads and lines. The latest San Diego State team stats, NCAA Football Futures & Specials, including Vegas Odds the Aztecs Winning the College Football Playoff National Championship, San Diego State NCAA Football News & other info on the San Diego State Aztecs. So what are you waiting for Signup and Bet on the San Diego State Aztecs Today!
- Central Michigan vs San Diego State 2019 New Mexico Bowl Spread & PredictionSaturday is a very busy day of bowl action around college football and the first game features Central Michigan of the Mid-American Conference against San Diego State of the Mountain West in the New Mexico Bowl. The Aztecs are short favorites on the Mybookie NCAAF odds. How to Bet Central Michigan vs San Diego State New Mexico Bowl Spread & Read More
- Fresno State vs San Diego State 2019 College Football Week 12 Odds & Game PreviewThe San Diego State Aztecs hope to take their record to 8-2 when they host Mountain West Conference rival Fresno State on Friday, Nov. 15. San Diego State has played like the best team in the conference. Will the good times continue? Keep reading for the latest College Football odds, a preview and a free pick for Fresno State vs Read More
- Nevada vs San Diego State 2019 College Football Week 11 Odds & PredictionAs we head into the final few weeks of the college football season, we are at the stage of the year when things really begin to heat up. The battle for the 4 playoff spots is going to go right down to the wire, especially when you consider that the top 4 teams still need to play one another before Read More
- San Diego State vs Ohio 2018 Frisco Bowl Odds & PickBowl season can often be a bit of a shock to the system for even the most serious of college football bettors. Not only are we getting bombarded with games featuring teams that we didn’t get to see a lot of during the regular season, but we are also getting games played on nights that are not what you would Read More
- How to Bet San Diego State at Stanford NCAA Football Week 1Stanford has had just one Heisman winner in its history but has had three runners-up in recent years. The No. 13 Cardinal open their season next Friday vs. San Diego State and running back Bryce Love opens as a 2018 Heisman odds favorite after finishing second last year. Let’s take a closer look at the college football odds for this Read More
- Week 17 College Football Free Picks: Houston Vs San Diego StateThe first batch of bowl games quite often feature teams that are not really on the radar of anyone but the most die-hard college football fans. We get to break the mold a little bit this weekend with what looks to be a very decent match-up at the Las Vegas Bowl. The Houston Cougars and the San Diego Aztecs both Read More
- San Diego State At South Alabama Week 5 College Football Expert PicksIn the early part of the season, there is usually at least one team that cracks the top 25, but who we all believe will vanish without a trace before the season is all said and done. After 4 weeks of the 2016 college football season, it is the San Diego State Aztecs who are that surprise team. The Aztecs Read More
- San Diego State vs. Cincinnati Hawaii Bowl Odds PreviewThe San Diego State Aztecs will look to close out their 2015 season on a stellar 10-game winning streak when they battle the Cincinnati Bearcats in the 2015 Hawaii Bowl on Christmas Eve. Now, let’s find out if the Aztecs can pull off the college football betting ‘upset’ over a Bearcats team that defined the word ‘inconsistent’ this season. How Read More
Sports in the State of California
NCAA Teams | Division I
San Diego State Aztecs Odds | 2021 NCAA Football
San Diego State Aztecs | College Football Playoff National Championship