As the midway mark of the NFL season approaches, there are a few teams that have emerged as favorites to win it all this season. Of course, a lot can change on the second half of the season. Just look at the run that the Tennessee Titans made late last year, a streak of form that took them all the way to the AFC Championship Game. These rankings will definitely change as the season goes on, but for now, let’s take a look at the top and bottom 5 now that Week 7 is in the books so you can start preparing your bets for Week 8 against their NFL odds.
Power Rankings Following Week 7 of the 2020 NFL Regular Season
- Pittsburgh Steelers – Given that the Steelers are the only team still unbeaten in the league, it is no surprise to see them in the top spot. They will have to work hard to maintain their #1 ranking, though, as it’s the Baltimore Ravens up next.
- Kansas City Chiefs – Even when you are as good as the defending Super Bowl champs are, it can become exhausting to play with a massive target on your back every week. One loss and a couple of scares, but Kansas City is still good value for the #2.
- Seattle Seahawks – Seattle came very close to maintaining their unbeaten record in Week 7, but they ended up losing to the Arizona Cardinals in OT. They have had a few close calls already, so it was only a matter of time before that caught up to them.
- Baltimore Ravens – The AFC North is shaping up to be one of the best divisions in football this season, with a trio of teams on 5 or more wins. The Ravens can steal top spot in the division with a win over the Steelers this weekend, but they could also drop to 3rd with a loss.
- Green Bay Packers – We all watched the Packers in Week 7 to see how they would react to getting trounced by the Buccaneers the previous weekend. Rodgers and the Packers shook that one off nicely and moved to 5-1 with another win.
- Washington Football Team – To get an idea of just how bad the NFC East is, just look at the Washington Football Team. They beat the Cowboys last weekend to get to 2-5 and are now basically tied for the lead in the division. Hard to believe a team ranked this low is still a potential playoff team.
- Atlanta Falcons – Another week, another 4th quarter collapse by the Atlanta Falcons. This time, it was a loss to the Detroit Lions that took the Falcons to 1-6. This team is about to get blown up once a new head coach is hired.
- Jacksonville Jaguars – We all knew that the Jaguars were planning to tank this season based solely on the moves they made in the offseason. Their 1-6 start to the year and this plan might blow up in their face, as Trevor Lawrence is now talking about sticking with Clemson for his senior year.
- New York Giants – Daniel Jones is taking a lot of the heat for the Giants position, but it is hard for a young QB to progress when some of his best weapons are out for the season. No panic on Jones yet, but he does need to iron out some of the mistakes that have become part of his game.
- New York Jets – For a while, it looked as though the Jets were going to get their first win of the season versus the Buffalo Bills last weekend. It was the Bills who eventually came good in a field goal battle, keeping the Jets winless in the process.