Week 4 of the NFL season proved to be a strange one, as we finally saw games moved and/or postponed because of positive COVID tests. The hope is that this will be nothing more than a blip on the radar, with the most recent tests seeming to show that we have passed the worst. As we do every week, it is time to take a look at the NFL power rankings, once again focusing on the top and bottom 5 teams. Who rose, who fell, and who will make a move after this week? Let’s take a look so you can keep on placing your bets against their NFL odds.
Power Rankings Following Week 4 of the 2020 NFL Regular Season
- Kansas City Chiefs – Yes, the Chiefs played on Monday night in a rescheduled game versus the Patriots who were without Cam Newton, but their 26-10 win against a weakened team was still impressive enough to keep them in the #1 spot.
- Green Bay Packers – It’s still too early to be talking about the league MVP, but it’s hard not to do that when looking at what Aaron Rodgers has done this season in leading the Packers to a perfect start. The Packers look like the team to beat in the NFC.
- Baltimore Ravens – The Ravens needed a bounce back game after getting trounced by the Chiefs in primetime, and they got it in Week 4. They got that win with a 31-17 win over the Washington Football Team, which frankly was to be expected.
- Buffalo Bills – With another win to keep their perfect start intact, the Bills opened up a bit of a lead atop the AFC East after watching the Patriots lose to the Chiefs. Make no mistake about it, this Bills team is for real.
- Pittsburgh Steelers – The Steelers are feeling a little aggrieved after seeing their game versus the Titans get postponed due to positive tests in Tennessee. The Steelers will now not have a true bye week in 2020.
- Atlanta Falcons – The Falcons drop into the bottom 5 after falling to 0-4 on the season. While they finally didn’t tank a huge lead, they were still soundly beaten by the Green Bay Packers. The clock is surely now ticking on Dan Quinn’s tenure as head coach.
- Houston Texans – Yes, the Texans had a brutal schedule in the opening 3 weeks of the season, but their Week 4 loss to the previously winless Vikings proved to be the final straw, with Bill O’Brien fired after that defeat.
- Washington Football Team – New Head coach Ron Rivera has seen all that he needs to see, as he has made the decision to bench QB Dwayne Haskins ahead of Week 5. Does this mean that Washington now tanks in hopes of landing Trevor Lawrence in the draft?
- New York Giants – While there were some positives to be taken from their 17-9 loss to the LA Rams in Week 4, the New York Giants still find themselves winless on the season. This looks like a total write off at this point.
- New York Jets – It’s not a lot of fun to be a football fan in the Big Apple this season. The reality is that the Jets are an absolute dumpster fire that still managed to lose to a Denver team starting an undrafted third-stringer at QB in Week 4.
NFL Betting News
- NFL 2021 Regular Season: Seahawks vs Vikings Betting Analysis & Prediction
- NFL 2021 Regular Season: Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Betting Analysis
- NFL Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Los Angeles Rams Betting Analysis – Week 3
- NFL Los Angeles Chargers at Kansas City Betting Analysis – Week 3
- NFL New Orleans Saints vs New England Patriots Betting Analysis – Week 3