new york islanders
New York Islanders Odds | 2021 NHL Betting Lines
10/12 - 05:00 PM
2021/2022 Stanley Cup - To Win
2021/2022 Stanley Cup - To Win
new york islanders Schedule
new york islanders Standings
new york islanders Injuries
Most recent posts
2021 New York Islanders Headlines, Best Lines
2021 New York Islanders Headlines, Best Lines
|History||New York Islanders (1972–present) |
|Arena||Barclays Center Nassau Coliseum|
|Stanley Cups||4 (1979–80, 1980–81, 1981–82, 1982–83)|
|Conference Titles||6 (1977–78, 1978–79, 1980–81, 1981–82, 1982–83, 1983–84)|
Islanders vs Lightning Game 2 | NHL Betting Analysis
The New York Islanders were big underdogs in Game 1 of their Stanley Cup playoffs semifinal series against the Tampa Bay Lightning, but the Isles pulled off the 2-1 upset. Oddsmakers have the Lightning as heavy home favorites on the NHL odds again for Game 2 on Tuesday.
How to Bet Islanders at Lightning NHL Odds & TV Info
- When: Tuesday, 8 PM ET
- Where: Amalie Arena, Tampa
- TV: NBC Sports Network
- Stream: NBC Sports Live app; Peacock
Why Bet on New York Islanders? | NHL Betting Analysis
Red-hot Islanders center found the back of the net in the 2-1 win against Tampa Bay on Sunday in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Semifinals. Barzal opened the scoring at the 12:32 mark of the second period after he was sprung for a partial breakaway by Josh Bailey. He has scored all four of his goals this postseason in the past five games. Barzal has been held off the scoresheet once in the last six games, while adding three assists during that span along with the goals. He posted three shots and one hit across 15:02 of ice time in Game 1.
Defenseman Ryan Pulock had the other goal, giving his team a 2-0 lead at the 5:36 mark of the third period. Pulock has four goals this postseason, including two in his past two matches, and three have been game winners. He finished the match with three shots, three hits and one block in 21:33 of ice time.
Pulock, whose four goals in the playoffs are the most by an Islanders defenseman since Ken Morrow (5) and Denis Potvin (8) in 1983, recorded New York’s sixth goal by a blueliner this postseason – tied with Vegas and Carolina for the most among all teams. Pulock’s three game-winners are the most among defensemen in the postseason and are tied with Vegas’ Max Pacioretty for the NHL lead.
Semyon Varlamov turned aside 30 of 31 shots Sunday. The Russian was 53 seconds away from a shutout when Tampa Bay’s Brayden Point scored an extra-attacker goal from in tight to cut New York’s lead to 2-1. It was the fourth straight victory for the veteran netminder, who boasts a .930 save percentage during the postseason and has turned in just one sub-.900 performance in eight starts. Varlamov has allowed one or fewer goals in two of his last four outings and joined rookie teammate Ilya Sorokin as the second Islanders goaltender to record a four-game win streak this postseason.
Sunday was the Islanders’ fifth victory of the postseason by a one-goal margin, tied with Montreal for the most among all teams. The only playoff years in which the franchise had more such victories are 1980 (6) and 1993 (6).
Wingers Michael Dal Colle and Oliver Wahstrom missed Game 1 with injuries. Wahlstrom hasn’t played since May 24, but his participation in warmups suggests Wahlstrom has progressed in his recovery. Dal Colle has simply fallen out of the lineup.
Why Bet on Tampa Bay? | NHL Betting AnalysisThe Lightning looked disjointed in Game 1. Their passes didn’t connect. They weren’t on the same page offensively. Tampa Bay had seven giveaways in the game, including one by Steven Stamkos that led to Mathew Barzal’s opening goal in the second period. The Islanders, by contrast, had only one giveaway. They played with a high compete level, defended tightly, limited mistakes, took away the Lightning’s time and space, and generated scoring chances off turnovers.
“Our work ethic was there. Our compete [level] was there. Our minds weren’t there,” said Lightning coach Jon Cooper, whose team lost 2-1. “Some of our decisions were poor. That’s what happens when you get this deep into the playoffs. You have to have everything working in unison and we just weren’t there.”
Brayden Point scored the lone goal. Point’s league-leading ninth goal of the 2021 Stanley Cup playoffs came in the final minute of the third period during a Tampa Bay power play. However, it was too little too late for the Lightning, as the Islanders took a 1-0 lead in the best-of-seven series. The Lightning avoided being shutout in the postseason for the first time since Game 7 of the 2018 Eastern Conference Final versus Washington.
Alex Killorn and Nikita Kucherov earned assists on Tampa Bay’s lone goal of the match. Point has four goals and two assists during a four-game point streak.
Andrei Vasilevskiy stopped 29 of 31 shots. Vasilevskiy was superb in the first period when he turned aside all 14 shots he faced. The loss dropped Vasilevskiy’s playoff record to 8-3-0, but he still owns a 2.24 GAA and .934 save percentage heading into Game 2 on Tuesday.
Tampa Bay has plenty of prior experience to draw from in falling down 1-0 in a series, including during last season’s run to the Stanley Cup when they dropped the opening game of both the second round series versus Boston and the Cup Final against Dallas before rallying to string together multiple consecutive wins and take hold of each.
- Lightning are 45-19 in their last 64 home games.
- Lightning are 44-19 in their last 63 games as a home favorite.
- Lightning are 61-16 in their last 77 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Islanders are 4-1 in their last 5 road games.
- Islanders are 21-8 in their last 29 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Islanders are 3-8 in the last 11 meetings in Tampa Bay.
- Lightning 3, Islanders 1
NFL Betting News
New York Islanders Recent History, News & Betting Odds
We offer the latest New York Islanders Game Odds, Islanders Live Odds, This Weeks New York Islanders team totals, spreads and lines. The latest New York team stats, NHL Futures & Specials, including New York Odds the Islanders Winning the NHL Stanley Cup, New York NHL News & other info on the New York Islanders. So what are you waiting for Signup and Bet on the New York Islanders Today!
- Islanders vs Lightning Game 2 | NHL Betting AnalysisThe New York Islanders were big underdogs in Game 1 of their Stanley Cup playoffs semifinal series against the Tampa Bay Lightning, but the Isles pulled off the 2-1 upset. Oddsmakers have the Lightning as heavy home favorites on the NHL odds again for Game 2 on Tuesday. How to Bet Islanders at Lightning NHL Odds & TV Info When: Read More
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NHL Update – September 15th EditionThe National Hockey League is down to its final three contenders for the Stanley Cup. After the Tampa Bay Lightning battle the New York Islanders in Game 5 on Sep. 15, the Stanley Cup Finals could be set. Check out how the Western Conference Finals went down as well as info on the Islanders versus Lightning game on Sep. 15. Read More
- NHL Betting Predictions – Must Watch Conference GamesWith the NHL playoffs hotter than an August afternoon in South Texas and a pair of huge conference finals matchups on tap this coming week, it’s time to find out if both contests will end their respective series showdowns or whether we could get a couple of more games before the official start of the NHL Stanley Cup Championship. Let’s Read More
- Stanley Cup Odds Update: Favorite and is there a Long Shot?With the 2020 NHL playoffs now in the conference finals and four teams remaining in the chase to capture this season’s Stanley Cup championship trophy, it’s time to find out whether there is a ‘true’ favorite and which team fits the label of ‘best longshot’ still on the board. Let’s jump right into action so you can bet on their Read More
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NHL Update – September 8th EditionThe NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs is down to its final four. Check out an update on where we stand on our way to crown the 2020 Stanley Cup Champion so you can bet against their NHL odds! NHL COVID-19 Update – September 8th Edition 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs When: September – October Updated 2020 Stanley Cup Odds Vegas Golden Knights Read More
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NHL Update – September 1st EditionLots have happened in the National Hockey League. Last week was strange as like with most sports leagues, the NHL took a couple of days off. No worries. If Monday is any indication, the Stanley Cup Playoffs will continue to offer awesome hockey from now until the final match. Check out what happened last week in the National Hockey League Read More
- 2020 NHL Betting – Highlights of the PlayoffsIf you’re excited about the ongoing NHL playoffs as we move closer to each conference finals matchup and you want to know what likely lies ahead for each team still standing in the playoffs, then let’s get started with this look at what’s gone down so far and what the postseason future holds for each title hopeful so you can Read More
- New York Islanders 2020 NHL Season AnalysisThe New York Islanders are hoping that the NHL regular season resumes in some form because as things stand, the Isles would just barely miss out on the Stanley Cup playoffs. Let’s take a closer look at their season along with NHL Odds and Stanley Cup Odds. New York Islanders 2020 NHL Season Analysis Season Recap The Islanders had 80 Read More
- Canadiens vs Islanders NHL Hockey Odds & TV InfoThe Montreal Canadiens’ playoff hopes are on life support and could be all but extinguished on Tuesday when they are Mybookie NHL betting underdogs at the Wild-Card leading New York Islanders. Let’s see how the NHL odds will be for the Canadiens vs Islanders. Canadiens vs Islanders NHL Hockey Odds & TV Info When: Tuesday, 7 PM ET Where: Barclays Read More
- Rangers vs Islanders 2020 NHL Game Preview & Betting Odds
- Islanders vs Avalanche NHL Spread, Analysis and Picks
- Islanders vs Coyotes Game Preview & NHL Betting Lines
- 2020 Islanders vs Golden Knights NHL Odds, Preview, and Pick
- Flyers vs Islanders 2020 NHL Betting Lines & Game Preview
- Islanders vs Capitals 2020 NHL Betting Lines & Game Preview
- Islanders vs Rangers 2020 NHL Odds, Preview & Pick
- Islanders vs Bruins 2019 NHL Betting Lines & Analysis
- Islanders vs Panthers 2019 NHL Week 11 Odds, Preview and Pick
- Islanders vs Hurricanes NHL Spread, Game Info & Prediction
- Islanders vs Hurricanes Stanley Cup Playoffs Odds & Game 4 Preview
- Islanders vs Hurricanes Stanley Cup Playoffs Game 3 Odds, Preview, and Pick
- Hurricanes vs Islanders 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Odds & Pick for Game 1
- Islanders vs Penguins 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Odds & Game 4 Prediction
- Penguins vs Islanders 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Spread & Game 2 Prediction
- Penguins vs Islanders 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Odds & Expert Pick for Game 1
- 2019 Stanley Cup Conference Winners Odds & Picks
- 2019 Stanley Cup First Round Odds & Game Analysis
Sports in the State of New York
NCAA Teams | Division I
New York Islanders Betting Odds | MyBookie Sportsbook & Online Casino
NHL Hockey Odds | 2021 Current NHL Betting Lines
Hockey Betting Experiences @ MyBookie
Latest NHL Hockey Reviews
MyBookie’s software and lines are in line with other books, but they really stand out with the promotions. They are more frequent and offer better deals than their competitors. I’ll never go back to another book.
Thank you for such a great service!
SImple and straightforward
An easy to use sports gambling site that I found out about from Joey Diaz’s podcast. Have had no issues using my bookie for betting on fights or games.