boston red sox SCHEDULE
Most recent posts
bos red sox Twitter
How to Bet Red Sox vs Astros MLB Spread & Expert Pick
The marquee series of the weekend clearly is from Houston as the Red Sox and Astros already wrap up their action this regular season in another rematch of the 2018 ALCS. Houston will rarely be a home MLB betting underdog but is Friday vs. Chris Sale.
Bet Red Sox vs Astros MLB Spread, Preview & Expert Pick
Steve Pearce had himself a day at the plate. pic.twitter.com/LExcOKMjFV— Boston Red Sox (@RedSox) 23 de mayo de 2019
- When: Friday, 8:10 PM ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park
- Probable pitchers (away/home): Chris Sale/Wade Miley
- TV: MLB Network
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- Radio: Sports 610 AM
- MLB Spread: Boston Red Sox -1.5 (Total 8.5)
Houston took two of three in Boston last weekend. The Sox avoided the sweep with a 4-3 win on Sunday. Xander Bogaerts hit a tiebreaking double in the seventh inning and the Red Sox snapped the Astros’ 10-game winning streak.
Mookie Betts scored three runs for Boston. Marcus Walden escaped a bases-loaded, one-out jam and tossed 1 2/3 scoreless innings of relief. Brandon Workman got three outs for his first career save.
Why Bet on Boston?
Will the Red Sox have star DH J.D. Martinez in the lineup for this one? Martinez has been out all week due to an illness and a sore back, but he should be able to avoid the injured list. The team just put reliever Tyler Thornburg on the 10-day injured list with a hip impingement. Travis Lakins has been added to the Red Sox bullpen in a corresponding roster move. Thornburg owns a rough 7.71 ERA in 18 2/3 innings this season so not a huge loss.
Since making his MLB debut on April 20, Michael Chavis leads the Red Sox in HR (10) and RBI (25). Since RBI became an official stat in 1920, the only 2 players to record 10+ HR and 25+ RBI in their first 28 games, all before turning 24 years old, are Chavis and the Red Sox’s George Scott (11 HR, 27 RBI in 1966).
The Sox are 3-0 in extra-inning games on the road this season. They are 15-6 in their last 21 extra-inning games on the road, dating back to September 2016.
It’s ace lefty Chris Sale on the mound here. Sale allowed three runs on four hits and five walks while striking out 10 across 5.1 innings last Sunday against the Astros. He did not factor in the decision. Sale continued to rack up strikeouts, but his control failed him as he worked inefficiently. He began only 12 of 26 batters he faced with a strike and needed 106 pitches to record 16 outs. One of Sale’s earned runs came on a wild pitch, and the other two crossed on a home run by Carlos Correa.
In 4 starts in May, Sale has 51 strikeouts to just six walks with a 2.05 ERA and a .143 opponents’ batting average. He unbeaten in his last 4 starts (1-0) and the Red Sox are 3-1 in those games. Sale has recorded 10+ SO in 5 of his last 6 starts, including each of his last 4. No other pitcher in 2019 has struck out 10+ batters in more than 2 consecutive starts.
- Runs: 5.34
- Hits: 8.90
- Walks: 4.24
- Strike Outs: 7.90
- Runs: 4.70
- Hits: 7.90
- Walks: 3.26
- Strike Outs: 9.96
Why Bet on Houston?
Second baseman and former AL MVP Jose Altuve (hamstring) took batting practice on Wednesday and is nearing a rehab assignment. Altuve has been on the injured list since May 11 with his hamstring strain, but he’s ramped up baseball activities, and it sounds like there’s a strong chance he’s going to head to the minor leagues to face real pitching soon. He should be back by the end of the month.
Roberto Osuna is 12-for-12 in save chances this season and has converted 24 straight saves as an Astro, which ties as the longest streak in club history (RHP Brad Lidge in 2005). Ryan Pressly is riding a Major League-record 40 consecutive scoreless appearances. Craig Kimbrel had the previous record of 38 appearances set in 2011. Within this run, Pressly has also set a franchise record scoreless innings streak (39IP), which ties as the second-longest by a reliever in the expansion era (since 1961).
It’s lefty Wade Miley (4-2, 3.51) on the mound. Miley allowed three runs (two earned) on seven hits and no walks while striking out two across five innings Sunday against the Red Sox. He did not factor in the decision.
Miley and his defense were sloppy in the first inning with an error by Alex Bregman and a wild pitch combining to allow an unearned run across the plate. Miley rebounded to allow only three singles in his next three innings but was touched up in the fifth frame for two earned runs on a home run by Michael Chavis and RBI single by Xander Bogaerts. Overall, Miley managed to limit the damage in a tough matchup.
The lefty has five quality starts in 10 outings and has thrown exactly six innings in five of his last seven starts. He’s allowed a career-best 1.17 WHIP this year, and the Astros are 7-3 in games in which he starts.
- Runs: 5.29
- Hits: 9.37
- Walks: 3.73
- Strike Outs: 7.04
- Runs: 3.53
- Hits: 6.67
- Walks: 2.49
- Strike Outs: 9.63
Red Sox vs Astros MLB Betting Trends
- Red Sox are 5-0 in Sale’s last 5 Friday starts
- Astros are 4-0 in Miley’s last 4 home starts
- Over is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings in Houston
- Red Sox are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Houston
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of Boston’s last 20 games against an opponent in the American League West division
- Astros are 7-2 SU in their last 9 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Houston’s last 5 games this season
Expert Final Score Prediction for Red Sox vs Astros
Boston Red Sox 4 – Houston Astros 3
Boston Red Sox Odds
2019 Boston Red Sox Betting News
- How to Bet Red Sox vs Astros MLB Spread & Expert Pick
- Red Sox vs Blue Jays MLB Lines & Pick for Thursday Night
- Red Sox vs Blue Jays MLB Odds, Preview & Expert Pick
- How to Bet Astros vs Red Sox MLB Spread & Game Analysis
- Rockies vs Red Sox MLB Odds, Preview & Expert Pick
- Mariners vs Red Sox MLB Lines, Betting Analysis & Game Pick
- How to Bet Red Sox vs Orioles MLB Spread & Game Analysis
- Red Sox vs White Sox MLB Betting Odds, Preview & Pick
- Athletics vs Red Sox MLB Odds & Prediction for Monday Night
- Tigers vs Red Sox MLB Week 4 Lines & Game Preview
- Red Sox vs Diamondbacks Week 1 Odds, Game Preview, and Predictions
- How to Bet Red Sox vs Athletics MLB Spread & Prediction
- Red Sox vs Dodgers World Series Game 5 Odds & Preview
- Red Sox vs Dodgers World Series Game 4 Odds & Preview
- Red Sox vs Dodgers 2018 World Series Game 3 Odds & Prediction
- Dodgers vs Red Sox 2018 World Series Game 2 Odds & Pick
- Updated 2018 World Series Odds – October 22nd Edition
- Dodgers vs Red Sox 2018 World Series Game 1 Odds & Prediction
- Red Sox vs Astros ALCS Game 5 Odds & Game Info
- Red Sox vs Astros ALCS Game 4 Odds & Prediction
Boston Red Sox Recent MLB History, News & Betting Odds
We offer the latest Boston Red Sox Game Odds, Red Sox Live Odds, Team Totals, Spreads and Lines. The latest Boston team stats, MLB World Series futures, props specials, news, and other info on the Boston Red Sox.
Sports in the State of Massachusetts
NCAA Teams | Division I
Boston Red Sox Betting Odds | MyBookie Sportsbook & Online Casino
MLB Baseball Odds | 2019 Current MLB Betting Lines
American League MLB Teams
MLB Betting Experiences @ MyBookie
Latest MLB Reviews
Great sports book
Great variety of props and other betting lines. Always pays out in good amount of time.
Excellent To Date
Premier adult entertainment, it is difficult to find high quality sites in this industry like MB.
Definitely the best out there
I’ll certainly give MyBookie 5 stars as they are the best and most comprehensive online booking site available. I definitely have had several issues in the past with promo codes specifically during deposits but the service desk chat messaging is always quick and very helpful. All in all Mybookie will continue to be my go-to site!